& BEST PRACTICES
OFTEN, CALIFORNIA GETS A BAD REPUTATION for being one of the strictest Beauty Industry states in the nation when it comes to regulation and scope of practice. How could it not when estheticians are working with a rule set that was developed in the 1970’s: after all, ingredients and technology development move faster than statute.
Wendy Jacobs, founder of California Aesthetic Alliance and California Estheticians • Esthetician Advocacy, helps California Licensed Estheticians and other beauty professionals navigate the misunderstood rules and regulations that oversee our businesses.
What we'll learn during a compliance & Best practices class:
- Learn How Lawmakers and Public Agencies' Policies Affect Beauty Professionals & Our Businesses
- California Scope of Practice for Beauty Professionals
- What Services are In/Out of Scope
- Workers Rights: Are You A Misclassified Employee
- How Inspections Work
- How We Can Elevate Our Trade & Make The Future Better
what we'll do during a consult:
presentation of COMPliance & best practices educational class (approximately 3 hours of a 6 hour consultation).
In-depth, personalized to your business model, Question & Answer discussions with all principals, employees and contracted renters.
- Review of establishment to call out key corrections and preparing employees and contracted renters and their work spaces for inspection.
- Review marketing materials and services offered for compliance.
- Provide support, follow up and touch-base calls or emails addressing questions that may arise after the consult, within reason, for principal, employees and contracted renters.
- Provide principal, employees or contract renters with up to 3 USB drive(s) with necessary and helpful documents and links to help further prepare you and your business.